Thursday, June 30, 2011

80-85 Leveling Guide for Patch 4.2

With the Rage of the Firelands now upon us in Patch 4.2 its time to reevaluate our leveling strategies for Cataclysm. Lets take a look at what should be taken into consideration while leveling after Patch 4.2.


New Unlockable Daily Quests Content

The Regrowth and Molten Front Daily Quest Hubs will offer level 85 players daily solo content, including over 60 new quest, four 'unlockable' iLevel 365 gear vendors and much more. Players must complete all the quests in Hyjal up to the regrowth cut scene before they may access the daily quest hubs.

Leveling in Mount Hyjal

If you are leveling a character from 80 to 85 I strongly suggest that you take you character to Mount Hyjal and not Vashj'ir. While Vashj'ir may be a wonderful zone its not as essential to your progress in the game as Hyjal. If you eventually want to have access to the new daily quests you will need to do all the quests in Hyjal so you might as well do them while your the appropriate level.

Mount Hyjal Quest Flowchart by Kardeethree of Medivh
Mid-Summer Fire Festival Experience Bonus


During the Festival for every location you visit and honor the flame you will recieve a buff that increases your experience recieved by 10% for one hour.

How I have leveled so far..

I wanted to see how many levels I could get if I leveled my level 80 death knight through Hyjal with full rested experience and using the 10% experience buff.

Day One - I completed 75 out 115 quests in Hyjal and finished two dungeons from the dungeon finder, Blackrock Caverns and Throne of the Tides. So far I am half way through level 82.

Day Two - I completed all the Quest in Hyjal and I almost reached level 83. I decided to go to Deepholm and start questing. Meanwhile I queued up for an instance and did the Stonecore and reached level 83 shortly after.


No comments:

Post a Comment